The Center for Health and Justice Transformation is a leading organization dedicated to driving social justice and health equity. We are committed to addressing systemic inequities and creating sustainable change through innovative programs, partnerships, and community engagement. We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Managing Director of Portfolios, Partnerships, and Opportunity to lead our efforts in advancing public health-related social justice initiatives and maximizing opportunities for underserved populations.
Role Overview: As the Managing Director of Portfolios, Partnerships, and Opportunity, you will be responsible for developing and executing strategies that drive social justice – specifically criminal legal system transformation, health equity, and inclusion across our organization and the communities we serve. You will lead a dynamic team and collaborate with internal stakeholders, community partners, and government agencies to implement initiatives that promote justice, dismantle barriers, and create pathways to success for marginalized individuals and communities. This role requires exceptional leadership, strategic thinking, and a deep understanding of social justice issues and systemic change.
Strategy Development and Execution:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to drive criminal legal system transformation, health equity, and inclusion within our organization and across the community.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate public health and social justice principles into all aspects of the organization’s programs, policies, and practices.
- Facilitate policy change efforts that promote health equity and drive criminal legal system transformation at local, state, and national levels.
Research and Analysis:
- Conduct research and analysis on health disparities, criminal legal system policies and best practices to inform the development of evidence-based and evidence-informed programs and policy recommendations.
- Stay current with the latest research, trends, and emerging issues related to health equity and criminal legal system transformation and contribute insights to strategic planning efforts.
Partnership Development and Collaboration:
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with community organizations, government agencies, philanthropic foundations, and other stakeholders to leverage resources and maximize impact.
- Foster collaborative relationships with key influencers, thought leaders, and advocates in the public health and social/criminal legal system fields to drive collective action and systemic change.
Program Management and Evaluation:
- Oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
- Monitor program performance, measure outcomes, and analyze data to assess effectiveness and identify areas for improvement.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, policies, and funding requirements while maintaining a focus on innovation and continuous improvement.
Team Leadership and Development:
- Provide visionary leadership to a portfolio team of professionals, fostering a culture of collaboration and high-performance.
- Set clear goals and expectations, provide guidance, and support, and promote professional development opportunities for team members.
- Master’s or advanced degree in a relevant field (e.g., criminal justice, social work, public health, public policy, nonprofit management).
- Experience (7+ years) in leading social justice and/or health initiatives, preferably in nonprofit, government, or advocacy settings.
- Deep understanding of systemic inequities, social justice issues, and the principles of equity and inclusion.
- History of developing and implementing successful strategies to drive social change and address structural barriers.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to inspire others towards achieving ambitious goals.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build partnerships and collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Analytical thinker with the ability to synthesize complex issues.
If you are dedicated to making a lasting impact and possess the skills and experience outlined in the position, send us a cover letter, and resume to [email protected]. Please write: Managing Director of Portfolios, Partnerships and Opportunity and the initials of your first and last name in the subject line.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Hybrid remote within commuting distance of Providence, RI 02903
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply